Please note that your group MUST meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- It is based in a country outside the United States. We do not fund US based organizations.
- Its primary focus is advancing women's equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities.
- It is a group of women working together. We do not accept requests from individuals.
- It is governed, directed, and led by women. Women must fill all or most of the leadership roles.
Groups do not need to be registered non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to qualify for funding.
In addition, please note that the Global Fund does NOT fund the following:
- Government entities
- Groups without a strong women's rights focus
- Groups based and working primarily or only in the US
- International organizations proposing projects with local partners
- Groups whose sole purpose is to generate income or to provide charity to individuals
- Groups headed and managed by men, without women in the majority of leadership positions
- Political parties or election campaigns
- Women's branches/departments/projects of mixed gender organizations
Women-focused projects within mixed-gender organizations may occasionally receive support from the Global Fund if they work with particularly marginalized groups: for example, women within groups of people with disabilities or women within LGBTQI organizations.