In response to feedback and to enhance our learning, Global Fund will be redesigning our application form. The new form will be available on March 17th and applicants will have until June 30th to complete and submit for our next docket cycle.
Please note that your group MUST meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- It is based in a country outside the United States. We do not fund US based organizations.
- Its primary focus is advancing women's equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities.
- It is a group of women working together. We do not accept requests from individuals.
- It is governed, directed, and led by women. Women must fill all or most of the leadership roles.
Groups do not need to be registered non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to qualify for funding.
In addition, please note that the Global Fund does NOT fund the following:
- Government entities
- Groups without a strong women's rights focus
- Groups based and working primarily or only in the US
- International organizations proposing projects with local partners
- Groups whose sole purpose is to generate income or to provide charity to individuals
- Groups headed and managed by men, without women in the majority of leadership positions
- Political parties or election campaigns
- Women's branches/departments/projects of mixed gender organizations
Women-focused projects within mixed-gender organizations may occasionally receive support from the Global Fund if they work with particularly marginalized groups: for example, women within groups of people with disabilities or women within LGBTQI organizations.