Please note that your group MUST meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- It is based in a country outside the United States. We do not fund US-based organizations.
- Its primary focus is advancing women’s equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities. Please note that groups whose sole purpose is to generate income or to provide charity to individuals are not eligible to apply.
- It is a group of women working together. We do not accept requests from individuals and do not fund projects proposed by or for the benefit of individuals (including scholarships).
- It is governed, directed, and led by women. Women must fill all or most of the leadership roles throughout the various decision-making levels of the group (including but not limited to the most senior decision-making levels).
Groups do not need to be registered non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to qualify for funding.
In addition, please note that the Global Fund does NOT fund the following:
- Government entities
- International organizations proposing projects with local partners
- Political parties or election campaigns
- Women’s branches/departments/projects of mixed gender organizations
Women-focused projects within mixed-gender organizations may occasionally receive support from Global Fund for Women if they work with particularly marginalized groups: for example, women within groups of people with disabilities or women within LGBTQI organizations.