Is the Global Fund for Women financially healthy?
Our financial health remains strong despite a challenging global economic environment.
- Our net assets are at the highest level ever — over $20 million.
- We raised more than $17 million this fiscal year — surpassing the previous fiscal year by 14 percent. These contributions came from diverse sources, with 37 percent from individual donors, 30 percent from foundations, 29 percent from governmental institutions and 2 percent from corporations.
- We continue to maintain our historically low administrative expense ratios (8 percent).
We are committed to stewarding funds and resources to support our priority activities and issues:
- 75 cents of every dollar raised spent directly on programmatic activities.
- In addition to grantmaking, our key program activities include connecting and convening grantees, supporting and building the capacity of our grantees, and evaluating the impact of our grants.
- Our investment strategy is socially responsible and aligned with our values.
Is the Global Fund’s style of grantmaking expensive?
Our grantmaking process is both thorough and complex:
- We receive over 3,000 applications annually in multiple languages.
- All qualified applicants must complete a rigorous due diligence process.
- We grant to over 600 organizations each year.
- We monitor and evaluate the impact of our funding.
Each of these key activities requires time and resources.
491 GRANTS IN 106 COUNTRIES
Download Financial Statements and Report of Independent Auditors for the years ended June 30, 2009 and 2008 (PDF 92 KB) »
Next in the Annual Report: Complete List of Grantees »