In the fiscal year that ended on June 30, 2017, Global Fund for Women:
- Strengthened our operating reserves, which helps secure our financial future, bringing our total ending net assets to nearly $20.8 million
- Devoted 84% of our resources to programmatic activities
- Achieved an excellent fundraising efficiency ratio—spending just $0.12 to raise each $1
This fiscal year, expenses exceeded income due to our final grant award as fiscal sponsor to Prospera (formerly the International Network of Women’s Funds). Global Fund for Women had acted as fiscal sponsor for the group, which allowed U.S. donors to support other women’s funds directly. In 2016 the International Network of Women’s Funds became Prospera, an independent Canadian not-for-profit organization, and we awarded a grant of $1,565,706 for the balance remaining on funds previously designated for them (and noted in our accounts as temporarily restricted). Operating revenue, however, was net positive.
- Our grantmaking work includes setting grantmaking priorities, receiving and reviewing grant applications, selecting grantees, completing due diligence, processing payments, collecting and analyzing grantee final reports, and communicating with grantees throughout the grantmaking cycle. It also includes evaluating impact and bringing our grantees together.
- Our advocacy program raises awareness, highlights grantee stories, engages new audiences, and influences others to bring money and attention to women’s human rights globally.
Global Fund for Women is a public foundation. As such, we are grateful for our many donors who support the critical work we do in the fight for gender equality.