The Global Fund for Women is a publicly supported, nonprofit grantmaking foundation that advances women's human rights by funding women-led organizations worldwide. We provide general operating support grants to organizations working at the local, regional and national levels to enable women and girls to reach their potential and live free of discrimination and violence.
Global Fund for Women brings together a community of men and women who are part of a global women’s movement committed to justice.
- Grantees: Our network of feminist activists encompasses more than 4,500 women's rights organizations in 174 countries since 1987. These groups and their affiliated networks collectively advance women's rights through their contributions to global movements for social justice.
- Donors: More than 20,000 individuals and philanthropic institutions have contributed to Global Fund. They reside in every US state and over 40 countries.
- Board: Our Board is comprised of 15 women originating from over 10 different countries and includes scholars, activists, entrepreneurs, media producers, and medical and financial professionals. They provide both strategic guidance and oversight in the areas of financial management and governance.
- Advisors: Global Fund relies on an extensive advisory network comprised of 150 official advisors and nearly 2,000 informal advisors, all volunteers, living in every major geographic region of the world.
- Staff: Global Fund operates with a diverse professional staff. These individuals hail from more than a dozen countries, and administer daily operations from our San Francisco and New York City offices.
How we work is as important as what we do. This is reflected in our respectful and responsive style of grantmaking »