Maximize your capacity to change the status quo
As part of our support for movements, Global Fund for Women has launched a new version of the Movement Capacity Assessment Tool, a free online tool to support grassroots people power globally.
MCAT is a free online tool for social movements to determine their needs to most effectively advance their vision for social justice. By assessing their strengths and challenges, movements can develop plans to tackle their priorities – on their own terms. The tool helps movements decide how to allocate their limited time and resources to strengthen their capacity to achieve the change they want to see.
The tool is free for anyone to use, and to share and adapt for local contexts and languages. The tool is grounded in academic research, tested with real movements, and refined with empirical data. It incorporates lessons and data from social movements globally.
Feminist organizations have used previous versions of MCAT to assess, strengthen the capacity of, and sustain their movements in six countries:
- Georgia: Taso Foundation and Women’s Fund in Georgia led the assessment of the Feminist/Women’s Rights Movement.
- Mexico: Fondo Semillas led the assessment of the Movement of Dissidence and Sexual Diversity and Gender Identity in Mexico.
- Mongolia: Mongolian Women’s Fund led the assessment of the Movement to Ensure Gender Equity in Dornod Province, Mongolia.
- Kenya: UHAI EASHRI led the assessment of the LGBTIQ Movement in Kenya.
- Kenya: Coalition on Violence Against Women (COVAW) led the assessment of the Movement to End Female Genital Mutilation in Kenya.
- Spain: Calala Women’s Fund led the assessment of the Migrant and Racialized Women’s Movement in Spain
- Ukraine: Ukrainian Women’s Fund led the assessment of the Women’s Movement in Ukraine.
If you have any questions or feedback, please email email@example.com
This tool is licensed under a Creative Commons License. You are free to use, share, and adapt the tool as long as it is for non-commercial purposes and appropriate attribution to Global Fund for Women is given, among other terms and conditions, without having to secure permission from Global Fund for Women. Please find the complete terms and conditions here.