DELIVERING LASTING JUSTICE TOGETHER
We believe in the power of women to change their lives—and the world around them—for the better. When women, girls, and trans people organize and join together, they can create the lasting shifts in power, opportunity, laws, and culture that are necessary to achieve gender equality.
Global Fund for Women stands with movements for women’s human rights all over the world.
Here are the pillars of our unique approach to supporting movements for women’s human rights:
- Our global network of over 2,000 advisors and partners – this network helps us find, fund, and strengthen groups who work with the most marginalized women in the world.
- Flexible, “core-support” funding – this flexible funding allows groups to choose how best to spend their grants.
- Multi-year funding – we give multi-year grants as often as possible, so that our grantee partners can plan for the long-term.
- Partnerships with other women’s funds – we work closely with sister local and regional women’s funds, since they understand their communities, can reach smaller, emerging groups, and encourage local people to support and fund women’s rights.
- Amplifying voices – together with our partners, we shine a spotlight on urgent issues, ensuring women’s and girls’ perspectives and solutions are heard loud and clear. We share voices that have been silenced to inspire and activate new advocates and donors.
- Movement strengthening – movements become powerful by organizing marginalized people with a shared political agenda, so that they can take action collectively for advancing human rights and addressing inequalities. Based on research, evidence, and practice, we developed a Movement-Capacity Assessment Tool to help our movement partners assess their strengths and challenges. Movement building is key to our strategic grantmaking.
We are part of a vibrant and diverse global network, with a shared passion for securing equal rights for all worldwide. We know that we’re infinitely stronger when we connect our issues locally, regionally, and globally, and when we link people, organizations, and movements. We help connect grantees to other donors, as well as local or national women’s groups. These connections enable groups to share, learn, and organize together to strengthen movements for women’s rights.
By funding, connecting, and amplifying critical work for women’s rights, we help sustain vibrant women’s rights movements that can deliver lasting change.
Download our strategic plan to learn more about our approach through 2020.
Disruptors: Case studies
We have a long history of supporting women who are disrupting the status quo and building powerful social movements for women’s rights. In Disruptors, we spotlight five groups through case studies that show how our partnership helped create meaningful and lasting change. Explore the case studies »
Our values underpin not only the work that we do, but how we do that work. We aspire to be bold, collaborative, curious, and authentic. Read more about our values »
The fight for women’s rights depends on strong partnerships within and across sectors. We’re proud to partner with local, regional, and national women’s funds, NGOs, foundations, governments, and corporations in working to achieve gender equality. Learn more »