GLOBAL FUND FOR WOMEN WONDER GIRLS BOOK SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Entry Period. Global Fund for Women (“Sponsor”) Wonder Girls Book Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins September 25, 2017 at 12:00am EDT (“Start Date”) and ends October 11, 2017 at 12:00pm EDT (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility. Open to individual legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old and have reached the age of majority in the individual’s state of residence as of the Start Date (each a “Participant”). Sponsor and any other party associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and their respective employees, officers, and directors (and their immediate families and members of the same household) are not eligible to enter.
- Selection of Winner. All entries that meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules will be considered “Eligible Entries.” One (1) Participant will be selected from all Eligible Entries received in a random drawing (“Drawing”) as the potential winner (“Potential Winner”). The Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor on or about October 15, 2017. The Potential Winner will be notified by email on or about one (1) business day after the date of the Drawing. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the Potential Winner will be declared the Winner of the Sweepstakes (“Winner”).
- Prizes and Odds. The Winner will receive one (1) copy of Wonder Girls: Changing Our World by Paola Gianturco and Alex Sangster with a foreword by Musimbi Kanyoro (the “Prize”). Estimated retail value: $49.95. Winner must provide a mailing address or the Prize will be forfeited & an alternate winner will be selected. All taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize details not specifically set forth herein are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for acts of God, post delays or loss, or any other circumstance that may arise that are outside of Sponsor’s control which causes cancellation or postponement of any part of the Prize. Prize will be awarded within 30 days of informing the Winner. Sponsor is responsible only for Prize delivery; Sponsor is not responsible for Prize utility, quality or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any part of the Prize for one of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries received. The Prize is transferable but may not be sold or offered for resale. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued to and filed by the Winner.
- Verification of Winner and Delivery of Prize. The Potential Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release, which must be returned within two (2) business days of prize notification. The Prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner selected by random drawing if the Potential Winner cannot be reached within two (2) business days after Sponsor contacts the Potential Winner by e-mail, if the e-mail or Prize is returned as undeliverable, or if the affidavit/release is not returned within two (2) business days after it is sent to the Potential Winner. If the Prize is won by a minor, it may be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All entries are subject to verification at any time. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any Potential Winner based on an e-mail address, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder of an email address is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A Participant may be required to provide proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with an entry.
- Entry Disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for, nor is Sponsor required to count, in its sole and absolute discretion, late, lost, misdirected, or unlawful entries that are submitted. Use of automated devices or methods to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited.
- Limitation of Liability. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or modify the Sweepstakes without notice or liability if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised in any manner, as determined by Sponsor, or if the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as intended by Sponsor. In the event of any such cancellation, termination, or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes materials, or for any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this Sweepstakes. Further, Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in Participant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
- Release and Indemnity. By submitting an entry to the Sweepstakes, Participant agrees to indemnify, release, discharge, and hold harmless Global Fund for Women and any parties associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees, and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, the “Indemnitees”), from any and all loss, liability, damage, cost, or expense arising out of, or in connection with, participation in the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any suspension, modification, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, and/or acceptance or use of any part of the Prize, including liability for personal injury, damages, or loss. Indemnitees are not responsible for any malfunction of the Website, or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed entries due to postal service issues, system errors or malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Website, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information which may limit a Participant’s ability to enter.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL INDEMNITEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIMS.
- Governing Law. This Sweepstakes shall be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts of law principles. All disputes relating to or arising under this Agreement must be brought in the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
- Questions/Comments. For questions or comments, or to obtain the winner’s name, email [email protected].
- Sponsor. Global Fund for Women, 800 Market Street, 7th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94102 (“Sponsor”).
- Opt-out. To be removed from Sponsor’s email or mailing list, please send your request to [email protected].